Last updated: September 6, 2020
Thank you for visiting my portfolio at graffvic.com (“Company”, “I”, “me”, or “my”). I am committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or my practices with regards to your personal information, please contact me at graffvic.com/contact.
When you visit my website graffvic.com (the “Website”), and more generally, use any of my services (the “Services”, which include the Website), I appreciate that you are trusting me with your personal information. I take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, I seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information I collect, how I use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. I hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of my Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through my Services (which, as described above, includes my Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what I do with the information that I collect.
Table of Contents
- What information do I collect?
- How do I use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- How long do I keep your information?
- Do I collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do I make updates to this notice?
- How can you contact me about this notice?
1. What information do I collect?
Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit my Website.
I automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use my Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of my Website, and for my internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, I also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information I collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information my servers automatically collect when you access or use my Website and which I record in log files. Depending on how you interact with me, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. I collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or another device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system configuration information.
- Location Data. I collect information data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information I collect depends on the type of settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, I may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells me your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing me to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locations settings on your device. Note, however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. How do I use your information?
I process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of my contract with you, compliance with my legal obligations, and/or your consent.
I use personal information collected via my Website for a variety of business purposes described below. I process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on my legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with my legal obligations. I indicate the specific processing grounds I rely on next to each purpose listed below.
I use the information I collect or receive:
- To protect my Services. I may use your information as part of my efforts to keep my Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce my terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or in connection with my contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If I receive a subpoena or other legal request, I may need to inspect the data I hold to determine how to respond.
- For other business purposes. I may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of my promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve my Website, products, marketing, and your experience. I may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. I will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
I may process or share your data that I hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given me specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: I may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve my legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of my contract.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of my policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which I am involved.
5. Is your information transferred internationally?
I may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
My website is hosted on servers in the United States. If you are accessing my Website from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by me in my facilities and by those third parties with whom I may share your personal information (see Will your information be shared with anyone? above), in and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. I will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
6. How long do I keep your information?
I keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
I will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require me to keep your personal information for longer than 12 months.
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. Do I collect information from minors?
I do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
I do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If I learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, I will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from my records. If you become aware of any data I may have collected from children under age 18, please contact me at graffvic.com/contact.
8. What are your privacy rights?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe I am unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of my Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on my Website, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
9. Controls for do-not-track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, I do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that I must follow in the future, I will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
10. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits my users who are California residents to request and obtain from me, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) I disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which I shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to me using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request the removal of such data, please contact me using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. I will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all my systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
11. Do I make updates to this notice?
Yes, I will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If I make material changes to this privacy notice, I may notify you by prominently posting a notice of such changes. I encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how I am protecting your information.
12. How can you contact me about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may message me on my Website’s contact form.
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information I collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form to graffvic.com/contact.